Submit an abstract
Participants are invited to submit an abstract on one of these two main questions:
- Why do vector- and rodent-borne diseases emerge and spread in Europe?
- How are research results translated to decision making?
More specifically, a non-restrictive list of possible topics is indicated below:
- Rodent or vector behavior: life-history traits, fitness, within- and between- species competitions, biology of populations, invasive species
- Vector or pathogen status: taxonomy, phylogeny
- Vector control: biocides, repellents, traps, area-wide integrated vector or rodent management, personal protection, human and social sciences, SIT, Wolbachia, genetic control
- Impacts of the vector control: ecotoxicity in the food chain, political, social and societal perceptions
- Vector- or rodent-pathogen interactions: competence, immunity, immunogenetics, manipulation by parasites
- Eco-epidemiology of vector-borne diseases: spatio-temporal dynamics of pathogen transmission, remote sensing applications, modelling
- Models for decision making in economy or public health
All abstracts must be submitted electronically through this electronic abstract submission system.
- All abstracts must be received on or before December 15, 2014. Abstracts received after this deadline will not be accepted for inclusion in the Conference.
- All abstracts have a 350 word limit of text (not including presenter information and title). No additional file will be accepted.
- Authors are advised to insure that their abstracts meet the criteria and guidelines below. All accepted abstracts will be published as is. Acceptance of the abstract in the program and assignment to a session are determined solely by the Scientific Committee based on a review of the abstract and its subject matter. Decisions of the Scientific Committee are final.
- Submitting authors are required to insure that all listed co-authors have reviewed the abstract, take responsibility for its content and agree with being listed as co-author.
Maximum size: A0 (84,1 x 118,9 cm)
Set up for Poster presentations on Tuesday from 9.00 to 11.00hrs
Poster exposition will be organized by sessions. To ensure an optimal exposition of posters, the programme of a poster session will be announced during the corresponding session, and we will kindly ask authors to stay near their own poster during the following coffee break to reply to questions. Moreover, all the posters will be displayed during the whole conference.
The best poster will win a Poster Award of 2000 euros in cash.